Monday, March 7, 2011

Fig, Prosciutto & Mozzarella Pizza a la Lorraine Pascale



If a picture paints a thousand words, then this post could have been the web's entire content. So I thought to stick to the pictures.

Lorraine Pascale's Fig, Prosciutto and Mozza pizza is so worth making yourself. I suppose it's seasonal, but we should definitely see more figs on pizzas as they are eternal partners-in-crime with ham and cheese. Baking it for 20 minutes as per LP's orders means the cheese is at melty bliss with the prosciutto, and the figs have slightly browned tips. The dough makes a sturdy, more biscuity crust which is actually needed to hold up those lush figs. And I feel a geeky baking glow inside when I see air pockets in the crust.


You too can bring the Amalfi Coast to showery London, or indeed anywhere in the world that has dry yeast and figs. Follow yet another look-at-me-I'm-a-baking-maestro recipe from Lorraine here. Molto perfectivo!

No comments: